WINGS OVER THE OCEAN

I headed towards my home, alone the ache in my head and heart eased as I gazed out across a vast stretch of our Great Southern Seas.

I stood quietly while the wind ruffled my hair It felt delightful, wild and free! My earlier sadness at missing my friend Pete, my usual Sunday companion had passed as I concentrated on the power of God's hand as he whipped up the ocean's waves into an excited dance, as they rushed closely together almost tripping over each other in their eagerness to reach the shore!


Amongst these waves I noticed figures in black, young men pitting their strength against these waves and enjoying the excitement and freedom of the moment! Attached to their bodies, long ropes held a colourful parachute which as it caught the wind, like the wings of Eagles stretched wide it increased their speed on the waves sending them in exhilarating style for quite some distance, before they returned to shore.

On this day I was reminded of the power and majesty of God, of his presence in my life and his forever love.

- AMJB

No comments: