LOST

Some time ago, a dear friend (Peter) and I went for a late afternoon long walk through a local Conservation Park. Night had fallen black and dark about us and we were a getting a little lost - walking near blind! A local Farmer and his Son, were kind enough to return us both to our vehicle, parked some 4.5 km's away (the other side of the park). I am reading from 2 CORINTHIANS chapter 5: v7 as I write of our hard adventure - by our faith in our loving God = "Lost" - by Night!



"For we walk by Faith, not by sight."

I knew not where to go Lord
but to call on you in prayer
as alone and lost I wondered
on an unfamiliar road
in the darkness of the night.

Pete had quickly moved ahead
looking for help
I was unsure of his where-abouts
I stood still, listening,
I called, but no reply!

I could hear the sound of soft wind
blowing through tree's
and water tumbling over rocks in
a creek near the road.

Sounds of vehicles approached
so I quickly moved to the roadside verge
for safety as they passed swiftly by
without a pause.

The Moon and Stars gave comfort
as they shone down from above
whilst I rested awhile on my upward climb
legs aching, weary feet protesting!

I was alone but not afraid
my faith and trust was in and with my Lord
as he guided my Footsteps closer to Pete.
Pete had discovered lights shining from a
farmhouse window near the road.
We ventured in to ask for help
Our knock being answered by a kind, helpful, friendly farmer who obligingly drove us without a grumble,
down several bush tracks to find our vehicle
from where we could return safely to our homes.

Bless this good Samaritan Lord!

I give heartfelt thanks and praise to you Lord
for our safe deliverance and for the strength
courage and stronger Faith I gained throughout this journey.






AMJB

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ali we were not ever alone that night! Through the night trial I knew someone walked with us, a very dear friend! I recognized your visual night blindness, and great courage. We learnt more of faith and hope; darkness has no power over such trials.

Love - Peter