COLOURS OF THE NIGHT

Quietly I sat and waited as days end drew to a close my gaze lifted skyward whilst I watched as the sun slowly disappeared beyond the horizon.


Nearby trees with birds resting on their branches, added an interesting silhouette to the evening scene as it unfolded before me.


Glorious colour from various shades of Pink, yellow and red in a light blue sky, changed to a golden orange and deep indigo.


The first of the evening stars appeared as darkness enfolded the countryside and Heaven's lights shone brightly from above.


The moon lit a pathway for me as I moved about to ease my cramped limbs and smiled a shivered in the cooler evening air.

I listened to the sounds of the night, a bird calling, a dog barking, people talking, out walking, car's passing.

Wind whispering through the trees.


I thanked God for this moment given me to pause and reflect on this day with the realization of how fortunate I have been throughout my life in being able to hear, see and feel the beauty of my surroundings.

Time to observe the Colours of the Night.

- AMJB

No comments: