My trip to the 'Big' City = SMOG!

Today driving the country highways through open paddocks where Cattle, Horses, Sheep and Alpacas grazed I was able to relax and enjoy the country scenes unfolding, as we passed by, of large tracts of land covered with grape vines all wearing new green foliage and in the distance the calming azure blue of the ocean.





Far too quickly the distance from country to city was bridged. Smog from industry covered the area like a grey blanket, dampening my spirits.

Traffic was more congested with trucks cars, bikes, trains sirens, noise exhaust fumes -----Oooh!

My head began to spin and I wished for my visit to end before it had begun. Why had I come, for the company, good fellowship, to learn? Yes!! all of these, but as the conference continued I grew restless, miserable, trapped in this small enclosed room. My legs cramped, my back ached I wanted OUT!

I longed for clean, clear, country air where I had room to roam along gravel roads listening to bird song and the wind whispering through the trees and the sound of children playing their happy voices echoing across the paddocks.



I'm just a country girl longing to return to where my heart is happiest, whether it be exploring along a country lane, or watching a Silver Gull gliding overhead as I wade through the shallow water at the oceans edge.

The promise of a Hug from a friend at days end was the greatest gift of all!

No comments: