CLIMBING MOUNTAINS

I have set out along many bush tracks
In eager anticipation of all I may see, hear
and smell along the way.

My pace is brisk until I see the first difficult section
of the climb ahead!
Undaunted I move on and with the help of my walking stick
most times, I climb it with ease!


Down we go
into steep valleys below
where every now and then I pause
to admire a tree, a bird, the view
whilst taking a short break
to gain strength anew, to continue

I will not surrender
I will move onward and upward
with God's help
I will rise and conquer
each new challenge
presented along the way!

Often I stumble, then fall
getting up again
I begin to climb
at a slower pace
I must remember it is not a race
I will reach the summit of my Mountain
With God's help and grace.
- AMJB

No comments: